The 1st XV, with only one win this season knew that they would be in for a close encounter. Despite dominating possession and territory attacking down the hill at Cold Harbour, Warminster were only able to muster three points on the board by half time. Despite shipping an early try in the second half, this seemed to kick start the team and Warminster really upped their game. Tries from Hamish Leslie and Johnny Lucey gave Warminster a narrow one point victory.

The U15’s continued their excellent form with an emphatic 52-0 victory. Despite having a number of players out injured and ill, Warminster were still able to dominate the game with Felix Sheves putting in a four try player of the match performance. The U14’s racked up their first win of the season with a 50-5 victory with David Aspray and Joe Widman scoring a hat trick of tries each. 

The U13’s were determined to put in a strong performance in their last outing of the term. Bryce Furlong continued his excellent form running in the first four tries before picking up an injury, Ben Cook, player of the match took the game by the scruff of it’s neck with an outstanding five try display.

The U12’s despite opening the scoring and going 14-0 through Joshua Taylor, lost their way through a series of missed tackles. Despite a strong team talk at half time, Warminster could not stop Sexey’s working their way through and eventually lost 14-34.

The U16’s having had their game called off by Sexey’s earlier in the week secured a game versus Dauntsey’s. Warminster knew this would be a very tough encounter and so it was in a 5-44 loss.

In the morning, the junior girls played their end of term house matches. Arnold secured a clean sweep thoughout the girls matches, with Denys coming second.

During the week, Warminster’s U13A rugby 7’s team played in the annual Bryanston Festival. Despite being up against some large prestigious and two term rugby schools, Warminster’s team acquitted themselves extremely well. In the group stages Warminster beat Sandroyd School 17-7 to put them through to a plate quarter final match against Chafyn Grove. Despite taking the lead midway through the second half, Warminster couldn’t hold on and eventually went down four tries to two.

Christopher Knight, Director of Sport