The Learning Support Department is well established and runs as an independent department within Warminster School. The Department has two roles: to teach targeted programmes in literacy, numeracy and study skills and to support the whole class in the core subjects where required across the School. The Learning Support Department works with pupils on individualised programmes to help fulfil their potential and create confident and lifelong learners in collaboration with all departments across Warminster School. There is a strong link with the Prep School with both schools sharing the same electronic system for recording individual learning profiles.
There are currently 4 Learning Support teachers, 3 full time and 1 part time Learning Support Assistants.
The Learning Support Department's remit also involves organising appropriate access arrangements for those pupils meeting the strict criteria of the JCQ and CIE regulatory examining boards.
The Learning Support Department maintains and shares an interest in current research, training and resources in an attempt to provide optimum outcomes for pupils and appropriate support, advice and training to the rest of the teaching body.
- One to one or small group lessons
- In-class support in core subjects where required
- Assessments for examination concessions
- Diagnostic assessments by a suitably qualified Learning Support staff member and/or a School approved Educational Psychologist.
- Speech and Language Therapy by a qualified external practitioner
- Transition mornings with feeder schools
- The LS Department works alongside all departments in the School.