On Saturday 14th October, a “gaggle” of Old Verlucians from circa 1978 came back to their old stomping ground for tea, cake and a tour.
As usual, the ever informative, fact filled Graeme McQueen did them proud. The tour started at the Prep School which was known to the ladies as St Monica’s and explored their old haunts. Tales of pillow fights and midnight feasts were pretty soon told and memories that had long lain dormant were brought back to life. Next stop the Senior School, where the gentlemen got their chance to wax lyrical about their time at Lord Weymouth's and Warminster. Glynis Sharpe, former teacher and a regular at OV events, accompanied the tour and was able to fill in any gaps.
All too soon, the tour was over and the group headed back to St Boniface for more tea, cake and memories.
Thank you to all involved, especially Alex Rall for a fabulous afternoon tea and to Tracy Wilkinson (OV78) for organising the visit.
If you are an Old Verlucian and would like to organise a tour with a group of your peers, please do not hesitate to contact Stella Aldridge to arrange.
Old Verlucian Events
- 24 November 2017 – London Drinks (Village East)
- 2 March 2018 – Bath Drinks (Igloo at Abbey Hotel)
- 10 March 2018 – Hockey & Netball Tournament (Warminster School, dinner in St Boniface Hall)
- 21 April 2018 – Head Boy/Girl Dinner hosted by the Headmaster (St Boniface Hall)
- 12 May 2018 – Macdonald Boys Lunch (St Boniface Hall)
- 16 June 2018 – Old Verlucian Black Tie Dinner (Thomas Arnold Hall)
Please contact the Alumni Office if you would like to attend an event.